Thursday, May 31, 2007

[Modern English] Lesson 27: She's already taken.

==她已有男友了。==
 
99. Is your friend available?
你的朋友有男朋友吗?
She is available.
她没男朋友。
 
100. Oh! She is already taken.
哦!她已经有男朋友了。
 
101. Do you think she is my type?
你觉得她合适我吗?
 
102. I'm gonna go for it.
我要去追!
OH!Go for it.
去吧,去干吧。
 

[Modern English] Lesson 26: I didn't sleep a wink.

==我简直没合过眼。==

96. I didn't s leep a wink last night.
我昨晚简直没合过眼。
 
97. I slept like a log.
我睡的真沉!

[Modern English] Lesson 25: See you!

==再见!==

92. Catch you later, buddy!
再见,老兄!

Don't forget us.
别忘了我们。
Keep in touch.
保持联系。
 
93. Take care!
保重!
 
94. See ya later! / See ya! / Later!

95. Adios ! 西班牙语
Ciao! 意大利语
Au revoir! 法语

[Modern English] Lesson 24: I've had a hard day.

== 我今天过的真糟。==
 
87. I've had a hard day.
我今天过的真糟糕。
 
88. I'm fed up with my boss / my job. 
我实在难以忍受我老板/我的工作。

89. I'm sick and tired of ...
我受不了...
 
90. I've had it up to here with...!
我真受不了...

[Modern English] Lesson 23: I'll drink to that!

==酒吧时光==
 
83. Can I buy you a drink?
我能请您喝一杯吗?

84. This one's on me.
我请客。(这次我来,I will treat you!)

85. I'll drink to that!
为这干一杯!
I'd like to propose a toast.
我提议干杯!
 
86. Would you like another round?
想再喝一圈吗?(在国外,人们通常是论圈喝酒)

[Modern English] Lesson 22: Can you give me a hand?

==能帮我吗?==

79. Can you give me a hand? / Can you help me out?
能帮帮我吗?

81. Now's a bad time. Can we do it later?
现在不太方便,能不能等一会儿?

82. Thanks for the hand.
谢谢您帮忙!

[Modern English] Lesson 21: Step into my office.

==到我办公室来。==

71. Step into my office.
到我办公室来。(一趟)
 
Boss: Can I see you in my office?
Me: Sure, no problem, right away!
 
72. Can I talk with you for a little while?
我能和您谈谈吗?
 
73. I am a little bit busy right now, can we talk later?
我现在比较忙,可不可以待会儿再谈?
 
76. What is it you wanted to talk to me about? / What is it?
你想和我谈什么?
 
77. Thank you for your time.
(占用你的时间了,真是感谢。)

Get in my office now!
到我办公室来。
 

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

[Modern English] Lesson 20: What's for breakfast?

==早餐有些什么?==

68. What's for breakfast?
早餐吃些什么?
What would you like to have for breakfast?你餐
eggs, pancakes(薄烤饼), waffles(华夫饼干), emlets(鸡蛋,饼,蛋卷等), toast(土司,面包), scrambled eggs(炒鸡蛋), over easy,sunny-sideup,bacon 咸肉,
 
70. Would you like some coffee, juice or milk?
你想喝咖啡、果汁或者牛奶?

[Modern English] Lesson 19: How do you say this word?

==这个词怎么发音?==

How do you pronounce this word?  / How do you say this word ?
这个词怎么念?
 
How to say ...?----------------×(WRONG)
How do you say ...?----------√(RIGHT)
No!----------------×(WRONG, 想说我不懂!,单独使用的意思是:你强烈不同意对方。)
I don't understand.----------√(RIGHT, 我不知道,我不懂。我没听明白。)
 

[Modern English] Lesson 18: Get to the point.

==言归正传。==

62. Let's get to the point!
让我们言归正传。

63. as a matter of fact
事实上 (意思是说"实际上我的意思是说")
 
GF: Do you love me?
Me: As a matter of fact, I do love you. You're everything to me.
 
64. Don't get cold feet.
吓的毛发直竖。

65. give sb. the cold shoulder
冷落某人,给某人以冷遇

[Modern English] Lesson 17: Wow! Holy cow!

==真是太棒了!==

57. Wow! Holy cow! That's great!
哇噻!太好了!真棒!

58. Oh! No! That's terrible!
噢,太糟糕了!

59. What the heck is that?
究竟是怎么一回事?
What the heck! 无奈感叹
 
60. Hey, what the heck is going on?
嗨,究竟发生了什么事?

61. Darn it all! Gush! Darn it!
该死的!

[Modern English] Lesson 16: I've been studying my tail off.

==我忙得不可开交。==

54. I've been studying my tail off.
我忙得不可开交。
 
I do things at the last minute.
(意思是说我办事总要拖到最后关头。是说喜欢在最后一分钟决定做事。)
I am a last-minute man.
(我喜欢在最后开始复习。我喜欢临时抱佛脚,经常是火烧眉毛才开始着手办事。)
 
55. I've got to cram for a test tomorrow.
我的努力准备明天的考试了。

56. Hey, How did your English test go?
嗨,你英语考的怎么样?

Monday, May 28, 2007

[Modern English] Lesson 15: You are something else!

==你真是出类拔萃!==

51. You are something else!
你真是出类拔萃!
 
52. You are out of s ight!
你真优秀!

53. You rule! / That rules!
你太牛了!

[Modern English] Lesson 14: You look great!

==你气色真好!==

49. You look great! Have you been working out?
你气色真好,你经常锻炼吗?

50. I need to get back in shape.
我要减回到原来的身材。

51. What do you do for exercise?
你经常做些什么运动呀?

Sunday, May 27, 2007

[Heroes] S01E19: .07%

 
Youth struggle for innocence, despite life's cruelty.
年轻人为单纯的生活而奋斗,尽管生活是残酷的。
 
The double-edged lies needed to be sustain a double-edged life.
双重人格需要用双重谎言来支撑。
 
I just got through with this Graham Greene I was reading.
我刚看完一本Graham Greence的书。
 
You're on the death row.
你在死牢了。
 
You push the cultured facade long enough, people forget you are a criminal.
你用有修养的面具演示太久了,以至于人们都忘了你是个罪犯。
 
A wandering hero's pure joy at success.
一个迷茫的英雄对胜利喜悦的单纯追求。
 
What is it?
怎么了?
 
I can show things make him tear his eyes out.
我可以展示些东西令其热泪盈眶。
 
We're going easy on you, the only reason we haven't take it up to notch, is all because of friendship.
我们对你很宽松了,没有对你用刑的唯一原因是我们的友谊。
 
I'll see about getting you that book.
我会考虑把那本书给你带来。
 
I shield it from the greedy and dangerous world.
我保护它使之脱离这贪婪并且危险的社会。
 
When my day of judgement comes, nathan, I will be remembered as a humanitarian.
在我的审判日到来的时候,nathan,我会被当作一个慈善家。
 
Can I count on you?
我可以依靠你吗?
 
We all have the roles to play in the event to come.
在即将发生的事件中,我们都有自己的事情要做。
 
What if I was tell you that it was.
如果我之前就告诉你事实就是这样呢?
 
Some of my friends, they lost their way, they used their power for personal gain.
我的一些朋友,他们迷失自我,利用超能力来获得个人利益。
 
All the good that we'd done was count to nothing.
我们之前做得好事都付诸东流了。
 
This tragedy will be a catalyst for good.
这场悲剧会是美好的催化剂。
 
Out of the ashes, humanity will find a common goal, a united sense of hope, couched in a united sense of fear.
从废墟之中,人性将会找到共同的目标,有共同的恐惧,抱着共同的希望前进。
 
Now you look deep into your heart, you know I am right.
仔细聆听你的心声,你知道我是对的。
 
Look, I don't mean to toss a wet blanket, but if you haven't noticed, I'm down in the polls. I can't get elected to the congress. Let alone the White House.
听着,我并不是要泼你冷水,但如果你失算了,我的选举会失败。我就无法被选进国会了,更别谈白宫了。
 
Do you think I leave that to chance?
你以为我任其发生么?
 
Peter's curtain call will come the day after you're elected.
Peter的谢幕表演会在你被选上的那天发生。
 
You are insane.
你个疯子。
 
A couple of hits will loosen it.
敲几下就松了。
 
I'm not done with him yet.
我跟他的事还没完。
 
I care about you a great deal, perhaps not in the traditional sense.
我很关心你的,可能不是传统意义上的。
 
Neither of them is in the position to be anything to you right now.
他们现在对你没什么好处。
 
Be sensible.
机智些。
 
I regret a lot of my choice I made in my life, you're getting benefit from my experience.
我对我以往的选择抱有遗憾,你应该从我的经验中吸取教训。
 
You get that mouth from me.
你的嘴巴是遗传我的。
 
How do you come up with this stuff? It's gift. Speaking of which...
你是怎么想到的?是天分。对了,说到这个.....
 
I'm done.
我受够了。
 
Whoever the hell you are.
不管你是谁。
 
Careful how you finish your sentence.
注意你说话的方式。
 
Poor me.
我好可怜啊。
 
I'll die before I let you to do with Miach what he did to you.
在我死之前,我不会让你这么对Miach的。 
 
Steal something less conspicuous.
偷点不起眼的东西。
 
Now make sure you gas Sprague's room before you put the IV in him. I don't want that man so much as dreaming.
在对他进行注射之前确保你对Sprague的房间放了麻醉剂。我不想要他醒着。
 
Put some tape on his mouth.
用胶带封他的口。
 
He can be leading you to right where he wants you to go.
他会把你指引向任何他要你去的地方。
 
I was in over my head.
我头脑很混乱。
 
Fearsome Jessica, finally. Sweet Niki, Yes.
令人恐惧的Jessica也好,甜蜜的Niki也罢。
 
I've never had that pleasure.
我从未有这么荣幸过。
 
You were due.
你好直接。
 
This must be off the charts.
这事肯定不得了。
 
It's all the matter of perspective.
这跟你(看问题的)观点有关。
 
I helped you out of a tough spot. Spared that long walk to the gas chamber room.
我帮你逃出过困境。让你免于毒气室的死罪。
 
Miach's off limits.
Miach不受约束(别碰Miach)。
 
The request was courtesy, dear.
这个请求很礼貌。(别敬酒不吃吃罚酒)
 
We'd better take out insurance of policy on Miss Sanders.
我们得对Sanders小姐采用备用方案。
 
The power is out.
没电了。
 
He got us this far, we owe him.
他把我们带到这儿的,我们欠他的。
 
They're after his daughter.
他们在追捕他女儿。
 
You fight like hell to stay alive.
你苟且偷生。
 
That went better than I expected.
这比我预想的要好。
 
Last thing he would have wanted was to bring you down with him.
他最不想做的事就是因此害你精选失败。
 
Let the girl have the moment.
给这个女孩一些时间。
 
I came all this way.
我自己一路走来。
 
Guess we are even now.
我想我们扯平了。
 
You're the guy with me or without me.
有我没我,你都一样。
 
Most of what we are is what people expect us to be.
很多时候,我们都是活在别人眼中的。
 
Shouldn't we keep a lower profile?
我们不应该低调点吗?
 
Point taken.
信你了。
 
Eat up.
吃饱点。
 
You are trying to take down your organization. You don't even know who signs your checks?
你正在试着搞垮你们组织。但你甚至连谁给你付工资的都不知道?
 
I can't fight against someone who defies the laws of physics.
我无法与违背自然规律的人抗衡。
 
He is no longer with the company.
他已不在公司里了。
 
You've been going about this things all wrong, professor.
一直以来你对这事的看法都错了,教授。
 
What you're dealing with, no man should face without friends.
你所面对的,没有人能单独面对。
 
That take any precedence before any academics.
这比任何学术问题都重要。
 
To be part of something big.
有能力做大事。
 
She warms up.
她会对你很好的。
 
Sort of.
或许。

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

[Modern English] Lesson 13: How was your day?

==生活中的每一天==
 
44. How was your day?
今天过的怎么样?
 
45. How are things at work/office/school?
今天工作进行的怎么样了?
 
48. You' ' ll never believe what happened to me today at shool/work.
你永远也猜不到今天我在学校/工作中遇上了什么事!!

[Modern English] Lesson 11: Are you doing anything tonight?

==我爱约会==

38. Are you doing anything tonight/ this weekend/ tomorrow?
你今晚/周末/明天有空吗?
 
39. If you are not busy tonight, would you like to go out with me?
如果你今晚有空的话,愿不愿意和我一起出去?
Can we get together and go out some time?
 
40. Maybe we can get together sometime.
也许今后我们有机会在一起。(她说晚上没有空,你千万不能气馁,你说)

[Modern English] Lesson 10: Is William in?

==电话线上的艺术==

Hello, this is William. Is Hogan in?
你好,我是William。Hogan 在吗?(I am William.是面对面的时候用的)
 
No, He's not in. Can I take a message?
他不在。 我能给他记下你的留言吗?
 
I'm a little bit busy.
我正忙着。
 
Could I call you back later?
我一会儿打给你好吗?
 
Thank you for your time.
(在你要结束谈话的时候,一定要感谢别人,占用你的时间了。)

[Modern English] Lesson 8: What's up, buddy?

==还好吗?伙计。==

27. Hey,What' 's up, buddy?
嗨!还好吗,伙计。

28. Hey, Whatcha been doing?
这些日子在干什么呢? (然后我会继续对他说)
Whatcha=What have you (连读)

(只是想和你聊聊天,打打招呼而已。揭露了美国人的一个小小伎俩。是开始谈话的一种方式。)
I'm good. (回答,我很好。)
Things are good.(一切都好。)
I'm fine.
Everything's going good.
I've been good.


29. How ya been?
这些日子过的怎么样?
How ya been=How have you been?

[Modern English] Lesson 7: Yo-taxi!

 ==嗨,出租车!==

22. Yo-taxi!
嗨,出租车!
Yo!
出租车!(手式向下拉,当你招呼一辆出租车过来时,你说)
 
23. Where to?
(你)要去哪儿?
 
24. What do I owe you?
我该付给你多少钱?
Keep the change.
不用找了。
 
25. Let me out here.
让我在这儿下车。(目的地达到的时候,你就对司机说,嘿,让我在这儿下车。)
Drop me off here.
让我在这儿下车。
Can you make a stop on the way?
靠边停吧。(你想中途在某处停车。)

[Modern English] Lesson 6: I am running late.

==脱身妙语==

18. I am running late.
我要迟到了。
Can I meet you in half an hour?
半小时后再见好吗?
 
19. I've gotta get outta here.
我得离开这儿了。 我得赶紧走了。
 
20. I've gotta catch the bus.
我要去赶公共汽车了。
 
21. gotta=got to
(相当于have to 不得不,必须)
wanna=want to
gonna=going to

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

[Modern English] Lesson 5: Whadja do last night?

==知其然及其所以然 (美国口语)==

15. Whadja do last night?
昨晚你干嘛去了?
Whadja=What did you

16. Didja have a good time?
玩的开心吗? (一种非常随意的表达方法)
didja=did you

17. Where wouldja like to go tonight?
今晚你想上哪儿?
Wouldja=Would you

[Modern English] Lesson 4: You know what I mean?

==打破沙锅问到底==

12. You know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗?(Yes .我听懂了。Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. 对不起,我还是没有完全听明白。)

13. Could you run that by me again? / Could you say that again?
你能再说一遍吗?

14. So what you are trying to say is ...
那么,你想说的是...
Do you mean...
你的意思是…吗?
Is that what you mean?
你是这个意思吗?

[Heroes] S01E18: Parasite

play dumb
装傻

I could never love you enough.
我好爱你。

want to run your DNA sample against my father's formula.
用你的DNA样本运行我父亲的程序。

There are three million base pairs in human DNA.
人类基因组中有30亿个基对。

I'll get him later.
我晚些联系他。

He is not in the position to responsible for you or himself.
他现在没有能力对他或你负责。

Boarding Pass
登记牌

I have a question for you.
我有个问题要问你。

My condolences.
节哀顺变。

Were you digging through my stuff?
你在调查我?

turn this round on me.
别玩弄我。

What's he got you doing with this guy?
他让你对这家伙做什么?

You know you're not talking about just dealing cards here.
你知道不止是发发牌(这么简单)。

Whoever you think I am, I not.
我不是你想的那种人。

He gave up on you, but he adored me.
他放弃了你,但他对我喜爱有加。

This painting is ripped and repaired with scotch tape.
这幅画已经被撕破了,并且用胶带粘起来了。

I knew you would set off the alarm eventually.
我知道你最终会触发警报。

I'm not in the mood for craps.
我没心情玩色子。

Mr.Linderman sends his regards.
Linderman先生向你问好。

run surveillance on sb.
监视某人

Kick off your gun and down.
放下你的枪,跪下!

I'm a natural progression of the species.
我是人类自然进化(的结果)。

Give me salvation.
救救我!

sink my teeth in
咬人..(大开杀戒)

Evolution is part of nature, and nature kills.
进化是自然的一部分,弱肉强食。

Now I can fulfill my duty as a son.
现在,作为(他的)儿子,我可以尽孝了。

I wasn't begging for my life. I was offering you yours.
(刚刚)我不是替我自己求生,我是在给你生存的机会。

stop the iv
iv: 滴管

I've been going out of my head, thinking everybody's watching me, waiting for me make a mistake.
我快要疯了,想着有人盯着我,等我犯错。

I hope that I have the right address (phone number). I'm looking for Peter Petrelli.
希望我知道的地址(电话号码)是对的,我找Peter Petrelli.

keep sb. in line
让某人乖乖合作

She's not in control.
她说的不算。

I've been known to eat zucchini when the mood strikes, but nor as a rule.
众所周知,我会在心情不好的时候吃南瓜,但不是很经常。

One aims for perfection in one's life, but one doesn't find it very often. For me, this is about as close as it gets.
人在生命中追求完美,但这不是经常实现。对我来说,我尽量接近完美。

Voila!
好了!

What's the point?
有什么意义呢?

It's can't be done.
这不可能。

Two very different paths.
两者大相径庭。

I mean, to be truly a man must live absolutely in the present, and with no thought of what's gone before, no thought of what lies ahead. But a life of meaning, a man is condemned to wallow in the past, and obsessed about the future.
我的意思是,一个人要真正的生活在现实中,不去想过去所失去的(东西)与将来会遭遇的(事情)。想过有意义的生活,一个人不得不沉溺于过去,并为将来而烦恼。

I won't hold it against you.
我不想瞒你。

And two years from now, through a series of fluke circumstance, you will find yourself in the White House. A heartbeat away from presidency.
在下面两年里,经过一系列意外的事件,你会进入白宫。离总统之位一步之遥。

[Heroes]

Brief Introduction:

Heroes is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives.

Except "Prison Break", this is my favourite American TV.
As "Modern English", I will post some useful phrase in it.




[Modern English] Lesson 3: I will treat you.

==请客吃饭==

9. I will treat you .
我请客。
(It's my treat.我请你吃饭。)
You treat me.
你请我。
Who's treating? / Who's gonna treat?
谁请客?

10. What are you in the mood for?
你想吃什么?
Are you in the mood for a movie?
你想看场电影吗?
Are you in the mood for dancing/shopping/smoking?
你想去跳舞/购物/抽烟吗?

[Modern English] Lesson 1: I' 'm not myself.

==清晨呓语==

1. I' 'm not myself.
我烦透了!(我都不是我自己啦,我感觉不好。)

2. Don't bother me!
别烦我!(一种粗鲁的说法)

3. Give me five more minutes please.
再给我五分钟时间好吗?(要说得可怜兮兮的)

4. How did you sleep?
睡得怎样?

[Modern Englisn]

 
Modern English is a TV show made by Hongen. Recently, I involve myself into it.
Step by step, I get many interesting English phrase.
I'd like to share it with you, my friend.